|Real Name:||Angus MacGyver|
|Born:||March 23, 1990|
|Originally From:||Mission City, USA|
|Current Location:||Los Angeles,USA|
|Interests:|| Nikki Carpenter (Ex) |
Penny Parker (First kiss)
|Parents:|| Unnamed Mother †
|Family:||Unnamed Grandfather †|
|Education:||MIT for two years|
|Affiliations:|| The Phoenix Foundation
|First appearance:||The Rising|
|Portrayed by:||Lucas Till|
Angus MacGyver is an agent of The Phoenix Foundation who prefers non-violent conflicts, and has an impressive set of improvisation skills, good with languages and a good science background.
Angus MacGyver was born during or after 1990 on March 23rd. According to Bozer, his mother died when he was five years old and his father left him when he was twelve. He was raised mostly by his grandfather in Mission City. When he was twelve he found a dog in the woods behind his house whom he adopted and named Archimedes. Mac admits that his dog wasn't much to look at. Archimedes would often try to escape so Mac's grandfather installed an invisible fence to keep him in the garden. Mac was uncomfortable with the idea of the dog he loved getting a painful electric shock so he replaced the electric shock mechanism with one which made a high-pitched sounds only dogs could hear.
He attended Mission City Junior High School along with Wilt Bozer. He grew close to his science teacher Arthur Ericson, who was very supportive of Mac, allowing him to stay in the lab after school to complete experiments. Mac began to rely heavily on this support after his father left. MacGyver was bullied at school, partly because of his first name, by Donnie Sandoz among others. At one point another boy called Justin Wright stole MacGyver's sneakers and threw them out of the window of the school bus as revenge for MacGyver incinerating his moped.
While at highschool, Mac had a "huge crush" on his lab partner Darlene Martin. After losing a bet with Wilt Bozer, Mac was forced to ask Darlene to prom and she rejected him harshly. Mac would later claim he hadn't wanted to go to prom anyway as he wanted to watch a live shuttle launch on TV that night instead.
After leaving high school MacGyver attended MIT for two years before joining the military as a bomb disposal expert. He worked at that job for three years before being recruited by DXS. DXS partnered him with Jack Dalton and the two worked together for three years before the events of The Rising.
MacGyver is an introvert, normally keeping his feelings to himself and compartmentalizing to stay focused on the mission at hand. This enables him to work well under pressure and in Jack's own words, Mac's ability to adapt is not some gimmick he does, it's his survival mechanism, having lived through a lot of heartbreak in his life. He thinks logically and strategically when on missions, making him the brains between him and Jack.
While lying is part of the job, Mac does not like it when he has to lie to his friends, especially Bozer, whom he has known since childhood and share a brotherly bond. When Bozer discovered Mac real job after a deadly encounter with Murdoc, their relationship became strained, but when Thorton threatened to lock up Bozer because he was a security risk, MacGyver threatened her with him quitting rather than have his best friend put away for life.
Mac is a pacifist by nature and prefers to take down his opponents non-lethally if possible. To that end, he does not use guns in the field, preferring to rely on his mind and environment to get him out of a sticky situation.
- Genius-Level Intellect: MacGyver's greatest asset in the field is his amazing intellect. Possessing an almost encyclopedic knowledge of sciences ranging from chemistry to engineering, Mac puts this knowledge to use in the field by creating ingenious ways of overcoming any foe or obstacle in his way, most notably using the environment around him to create various devices to aid him and his friends on mission.
- Multilingual: Mac is able to understand conversational Chinese, although, by his own admission, he is rusty.
- Explosives Expert: Because of his profound scientific knowledge and his army training, Mac is an expert in explosives, not only able to diffuse intricate explosives, but also make them by knowing what materials are needed to create an explosive reaction.
- Skilled Hand-to-hand combatant: Thanks to his training in the army, Mac is a skilled hand to hand combatant, able to hold his own against trained soldiers and use anything around him to help beat his opponent.
- He is the youngest member of The Team.
- Has a scar on the left side of his upper chest where he was shot by John Kendrick. 
- Speak Mandarin and is afraid of height. 
- Dated Nikki Carpenter for 2 years. 
- His dad is still alive, but they haven't spoken in years. He agrees to write him a letter, know he will not respond to text or a phone call. 
- Mac states that the KGB disbanded before he was even born, making his birth year after 1990. 
- Mac enters his birthday digits into Nikki's phone as "0323", meaning March 23. 
- Both MacGyver and Dalton recived cuncutions from their helicopter crash in Kazakhstan. 
- Mac and Jack were stranded in Siberia for 3 days. They both reciever sever frost bite. 
|The Rising||Metal Saw||Awl||Wire Cutter||Toothpick||Wrench||Can Opener||Corkscrew||Chisel||Pliers||Scissors|
|Screwdriver||Large Blade||Fish Scaler||Magnifying Glass||Hook||Ruler||Flashlight||Compass||Hole Puncher||Cigar Cutter|
|DIY or Die||Roulette Wheel + Wire||Muscle Car + Paper Clips||X-Ray + Penny||Skull + Electromagnet||Jet Engine + Pickup Truck||Duct Tape + Jack|