|Season 1, Episode 18|
|Air date||March 10, 2017|
|Written by||Andrew Karlsruher|
|Directed by||Jonathan Brown|
When Mac and the team travel to Hawaii to aid in earthquake relief efforts, they team up with Chin and Kono from the Five-0 task force to rescue a group of government scientists trapped in a building. However, as they work on the complicated rescue, a group using the chaos as a distraction aims to steal the top-secret weaponry from the scientists, on a special crossover episode.
In a Hawaii Five-0 cross-over, the team reroute to Hilo, Hawaii as volunteers for Earthquake Relief with FEMA. Jack and MacGyver meet Kono Kalakaua and Chin Ho Kelly from the Hawaii Five-0 Task Force; Jack tells them about knowing Steve McGarrett. They rescue a group of government scientists trapped in a building by using a water jet cutter and radar detector. A Chinese group use the chaos as a distraction, aiming to steal the top-secret weaponry, called "Project 23", from the scientists in the building.
- Steve McGarrett is mentioned but does not appear.
- This episode takes place in Hawaii, America.
- Jack Dalton and Kono Kalakaua reference the events from Magnifying Glass when Jack called Hawaii Five-0 Task Force over Madison Gray which led into the events of Hawaii Five-0 episode Hahai i nā pilikua nui which Kono reveals the outcome.
- Chin Ho Kelly tells Jack about his birthday resulting in his niece's kidnapping referencing the events of Hawaii Five-0 episode Ka’ili aku when he and Jack talk about birthday parties as Jack planned to arrange Mac's birhday
- Kono and Mac discuss Kono's marriage to Adam Noshimuri referencing A Make Kāua which was 2 years ago which Kono mentions, she also reveals that she met Adam through Hawaii Five-0 Task Force arresting his father, Hiro Noshimuri 8 years ago.
- when Kono asks Mac if there was someone out there he likes, he mentions his ex-girlfriend Nikki Carpenter who betrayed her country in The Rising but was revealed to be a cover in Screwdriver.
- Lucas Till and George Eads both met Alex O'Loughlin behind the scenes, though he does not appear in the episode.
Sam Hopkins: Your boss was a little vague about your skill set. What is it exactly you guys do again?
MacGyver: A little of this, a little of that.
Jack Dalton: Just point to the problem, we'll make it go away.
MacGyver: I know I'm going to regret this, but I think... you should throw me a birthday party.
Jack Dalton: Oh, yes. There it is.
MacGyver: Nothing too drastic.
Jack Dalton: No, no, no. It'll be--it'll be classy, dignified, and intimate.
MacGyver: Isn't that what you were going to name your autobiography?
Jack Dalton: Still is. It's also the way I'll describe your birthday party.
Special Guest star